Tuesday 7 February 2012

3 Mood Boards

After doing my research in to Da Vinci's inventions i chose the 3 which i found stuck out to me the most and what i felt were quite creative.

The first was the 'Anemometer' this invention stuck out to me because i just genuinely liked the design of the invention once researching more in to it more and finding out what it is used for and how it was invented i found an interest for it. I found Da Vinci originally designed this to measure the speed and direction of the wind as he had such an interest in flying. I also learnt Da Vinci was not the first to create this device but made variations of the Anemometer. 

Below is my mood board for the Anemometer.



My Second mood board i decided to chose the Aerial Screw I also like this invention because it made me think of how i could use this in 3D Max due to the spiral in this and from my previous work with the Lofting tool. When researching i learnt Da Vinci never actually got the chance to build this invention. This device was designed to compress air which is similar to helicopters today. 

Below is my second mood board for the Aerial Screw.


For my final mood board i chose to base it on the Armoured Car i also liked this invention because of its shape and how i thought i could create myself in 3D Max. When researching this invention i learnt this invention was capable of moving in any direction and was equipped with a number of large weapons. 

Below is my final mood board for the Armoured car.


No comments:

Post a Comment